- Enforcement Action Against Non-Certified Food Operators Begins Many food operators that have not already acquired their Food Production Managers Certification may find that door (and theirs) quickly closing. State inspectors are out and asking for proof that they have a Food Production Managers Certification issued from an authorized training entity. In New Mexico there are only a handful of authorized trainers and classes are hard to find. In South East New Mexico 5 Talents Training and Management has been providing these classes every month for the past year. Very soon, these classes will be only available every three months as the number of people needing this certification gets smaller. Don't wait and miss the chance to have your certification in-hand when the inspector arrives! Call 575-317-1618 or click on Classes and Events to find out when the next class is.
- Festival Food Purveyors May Not Receive a Permit
Want to sell food at any of New Mexico’s summer events or festivals? You may be asked to show proof of certification as a Food Production Manager. The day long class is available at many locations around the state but getting the actual certification takes a week to ten days for the paperwork and grading of the test unless to take an online class or sit in one of our live electronic classes.
Taking an online class is not as easy as it seems (and we don’t offer them)! You must pay for the online class and then find a certified proctor (you pay them also) to watch you take the test online. It is not uncommon to pay over $200 dollars in fees by the time you have everything done.
While 5 Talents Training does offer proctoring services, we do not offer the classes online (online classes have a higher failure rate than in-class). What we do offer is our superior in-class session and when it comes time to take the exam; requesting students can take the exam online and get immediate results of their completion. The cost for the one-day class and electronic exam is the same as our regular class $125 plus tax!
While no one can guaranty you pass any test, we have one of the highest pass rates of companies that offer the Servsafe Food Production Managers class. Our students have access to a pre-class study guide (in English and Spanish), pre-test, and the experience of trainers that have degrees in adult education, course/technology design, OSHA, FDA, USDA, and even what inspectors look for during an inspection.
- Festivals, Food Carts/Trucks, and Organizations that serve food to the public.
Many individuals have seen their local inspectors and have discovered that enforcement actions have begun. All establishments that serve food to the public and are licensed by the State must have a Certified Food Production Manager on duty for all shifts. Inspectors are asking for this certification before they grant permits to sell food. Many of the classes we have given over the past few months have been at capacity. We are putting more classes on the schedule to meet the demand so don’t wait till you are inspected to sign up for a class. A few individuals have discovered that if you wait till a few days before a festival to try and get your certification you will not get a permit because a class is not available!
- The HARD DEADLINE for the Food Production Managers Certification in New Mexico is 1 April 2019. Enforcement will commence immediately after that date.
- There is a NEW EXAM with New Info. We have already updated our coursework to reflect the new information!
- In 2019 We will be expanding our training and leadership courses to include Lubbock, Amarillo, and Midland Texas. We look forward to offering quality classes at premiere locations in those areas!
- You have probably heard or have been notified by the State Restaurant Inspector's Office that New Mexico restaurants, bars, hotels, food trucks, churches, schools, and other permitted food establishments will be required to have a designated "Person in Charge" present during operations at all times. This person will have the responsibility to oversee the operations of the food establishment and insure that regulations regarding food safety, sanitation, employee training and other employer duties are being adhered to.
For over 37 years, 5 Talents Training has be providing quality training, evaluations, and assessments to companies both large and small. The focus of any project we take on is to meet the industry standards with training and or inspections that are through, timely, and cost effective. Ran by former inspectors, auditors, and professionally trained instructors, 5 Talents Training has been in the forefront of the development of regulations, curriculum, and education designed to meet industry needs. When you choose 5 Talents Training to conduct your classes or evaluate your business, you can rest assured that you will receive the highest quality instruction or evaluation available to industry.